photo ThePinkClutch-NAV-Home.png photo ThePinkClutch-NAV-About.png photo ThePinkClutch-NAV-Projects.png photo ThePinkClutch-NAV-Advertise.png photo ThePinkClutch-NAV-Contact.png

10.03.2013

One Room Challenge ... the plan


For three years now I have anticipated the timing of Calling it Home's One Room Challenge.  For six fabulous weeks 20 bloggers detail their redecoration of one space in their home.  It's an idea mega house of fabulousness ... Complete with DIYs, pics for weeks and tons of sources and new blogs to peruse.  I simply love every aspect of it!!! 

This go around Linda has opened up the challenge to other bloggers who want to link up.  After much consideration I have decided to join in and redecorate our guest suite.  Each week for the next six, on Thursdays, I will be posting pictures of the progress and finally the reveal.  Today's post is all about the link up and the plan!!!

Drum roll please ... 


Guest bedroom before pic

I am completely keeping it real.  Last week the basement flooded.  The den area completely soaked with water and dirt.  In a panic I had to put everything somewhere before the water people came ... and here is where it all went.  So first on the list of to dos is to tidy up this area.  As in find the room, the bed and try to get all den items back in their old homes! Next week I will give you more detailed pics of the room.  Its good sized, one wall has built in book shelves with bead board backs, two windows, outdated paint, the bed from my youth and a ceiling fan.  Great room with tons of potential ... currently decorated in flood chic!

The plan ...

The currently bedding is Ralph Lauren and I love it ... the entire room is based on a comforter, standard shams and bed skirt.  That and my love for the classic blue and white!!




















And then the bathroom ... 


Standard issue 1980s glass door ... 


Nice cabinet in builder brown ... 


Good bones ... but needs updating and tons of love!

The plan ... 








And my favorite aspect of the bathroom redo ... a shower curtain complete with navy and white Greek key trim!!!  EEK!!

Stay tuned!!  

In the mean time ... check out the official 20 bloggers participating in the Challenge!!



xo,
MPM

6 comments:

  1. First of all - so sorry about your flood! I've been through that, and it's no fun. Your plans for the room look amazing, though. Loving that headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! My favorite color, blue! Cannot wait to see your process. Sorry too, about the flooding. When it rains, it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you had a flood. Hopefully, it is done by now. Your plan is great and I love the Chinoiserie accents. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see! Love the bedding!
    kristen@pursuingvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to follow your ORC! I just mentioned you today on my blog, check it out! :)

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow and the sweet shout out! I love your blog!!! Can't wait to follow your ORC!!

      Delete

 

design + development by kelly christine studio